Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

*My Interview With* Augusta Jeorgia

Actress Augusta Jeorgia


A Fresh Face To Watch For
Augusta Jeorgia might look like just another pretty face but she is proving she is a force to be reckoned with. At 18, Jeorgia is out making her dreams come true by going on auditions and using social media to get her voice heard. As a beauty and fashion guru, Jeorgia started a Youtube channel of her own where she posts videos describing all her bargain finds and makeup looks. I, myself have sat and watched her videos wishing I had her big blue eyes and makeup application skills. Her videos also show her fashion sense and acting monologues. A few days ago I asked Jeorgia if I could interview her for my new blog and she so graciously agreed. Here is what she had to say.



Name: Augusta Jeorgia    
Age: 18          
Occupation: Actress/YouTuber/Figure Skating Coach
Currently Living: Chicago, IL
Geek Sheek:   What made you want to become an actress?
 Jeorgia  : I've wanted to be an actress since I was very little. I grew up with everyone telling me I should be an actor because I was always very dramatic. I remember always picturing every moment like a movie. I don't know why - but I always did. I don't really remember what exactly made me want to become an actress - because I can't remember a time where I didn't want to be one. I didn't start taking it seriously until I was about 16 though.
 Geek Sheek:  Tell us what type of things you have done so far?
  Jeorgia :  I've done a few commercials. I won't name what for though because they can be searched on the web and they are embarrassing. Ha! ;P I've also done some voice over work - video games. What I really want to do is film work, though. So we'll see how that goes.
Geek Sheek:  How do you go about auditioning for roles?
Jeorgia :  The best way to go about finding auditions is getting an agent - but I haven't had much luck. Not because I'm untalented, but because I have yet to be given an audition. Agents apparently don't like my face. So! - I've taken things into my own hands. All of the roles I've booked - the auditions have been sent to me by a friend or teacher. All the other ones I've sent in my head shots and resume for - have been found through various acting websites. My favorites are "Actors Access", and "Casting About". Chicago has more theatre than film work, so my goal is to get out to LA as soon as possible where there'll be more opportunities.
Geek Sheek:  I understand you have a Youtube blog. How did you get started with that?

   Jeorgia :  Yes! I think I started how everyone else does, by being a viewer. I love YouTube because there is so much to look at. There are beauty gurus, vloggers, web series, interviews…the list goes on and on. I started around the same time I started acting - 16. I've gone through a few accounts, actually. But I'd always be unsatisfied with my content. Two years later and I finally feel proud of my channel "amirameki". Fashion and beauty videos are my favorite to film - it's a hobby of mine and I've recently really come into my own fashion wise. So I love to share my finds!

Geek Sheek:  As an auditioning actress how have you dealt with rejection?
  Jeorgia :  To be honest - I'm still learning how to deal with rejection. Sometimes I know I'm not going to get the part because I messed up the audition - for example: I've completely bombed auditions with MTV and Disney Channel. After I left the audition I knew I shouldn't wait by the phone. And sometimes I'm just trying to GET the audition and I get my hopes up. I'm always looking for new projects to send my information in for. And sometimes I can get so excited about a project that I 100% believe I'm going to get the part - and then I don't even get an audition. I'm working on not thinking about it too much. Although when you're so passionate about something…it can be difficult.
 Geek Sheek: What has been your favorite acting experience so far?
 Jeorgia :  Probably working on the video game I did. At first it was for testings - and then after a few rounds of that I went back in for the final recording and they switched it around and gave me the lead. I felt really proud of myself because the girls I worked with (all lovely girls!) were represented by agencies who had denied me without even giving me an audition. It reassured me that I could do this if I kept trying. The whole experience was fantastic. When doing voice overs you read the same line a few times and each time you usually try to say it differently. So that was really fun - challenging myself to be different each time.
 Geek Sheek:  How do you prepare for auditions?
 Jeorgia :  When you audition you get what's called "sides". It's a one to two page scene that you'll read. Sometimes you get it a few days before and sometimes you get it 15 minutes before going in to audition (cold reading). Most of the auditions I've done, I've gotten the sides a day or two before. I really don't have a routine - I just make sure they're memorized and say them over and over and OVER again. I've been told I have really good instinct - so that helps. I've found so far that everything comes really naturally. I prepare by making sure I'm prepared. If that makes any sense at all.
 Geek Sheek:  What advice would you give others trying to break into the acting world?
 Jeorgia :  It's hard for me to give advice to people who want to break into the acting world because I'm still trying to break into the acting world. It's a process. I'm finally now learning that I'm probably not going to be an overnight sensation. Ha! I guess I'd just say…go for it. You have to want it, you have to be passionate. It's not something you can do half heartedly. First step: acting lessons. Take some! They really helped me come out of my shell and they made me realize how much I want it even more. And if you think you don't need them - trust me, you do.
 Geek Sheek:  What are your aspirations for the future?
Jeorgia :  My aspirations grow and change every day. I guess I just aspire to be successful in whatever it is I end up doing with my life. Because that will mean that I'm happy.
 Geek Sheek:   What are some things you Geek out about?
  Jeorgia :  Hmm…vintage anything, platforms, lipstick, pigs, bargains, Christmas, autumn, chocolate covered strawberries, candles, and sloths.
 Geek Sheek: Who are some actors/actresses that inspire you?
  Jeorgia :  Audrey Hepburn, Rachel McAdams, Emma Stone, Carey Mulligan…and so many more.


If you want to find out more about Augusta Jeorgia here are some links to her various sites.
Thank you for reading
-Randi Jean







No comments:

Post a Comment