Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Are You a DeadHead!!

 
 
 
A few months ago, my dad and I were surfing through the 300+ cable channels on tv and were getting pretty restless with the many movies and tv shows that are constantly being shown over and over again. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a movie play on HBO on demand and then to see the same movie being shown on Showtime. I imagine the cable companies are laughing at us for paying so much for the same programing every month.
Needless to say there wasn't anything on, so while my dad took a break from switching back and forth to go and stare endlessly into the fridge I swiped the remote and began a search of my own. I saw a movie called DeadHeads, it looked interesting so I pushed the info button on my remote to get the details of the flick and thought it was interesting enough to give it a try. My dad wasn't as enthused as I was so he kept himself in the kitchen. As I began to watch I found myself laughing out loud to the hilarious situation zombie/buddy comedy that was before me. My dad heard me from the kitchen and wanted to know what I was laughing at and I said that this movie was freaking funny. He made me restart it from the beginning so that he could watch also. I'm proud to say my father loved this zombie movie and so did I.
 
 
Now, to get to the even more awesome part of this story. I went in search of more info on this movie and quickly added the actors and actresses to the many social media profiles I associate myself with. After a few days I came up with an idea. I had recently gotten a job at a video rental establishment and wished that I could rent this movie so I could watch it over and over again. So, not sure what I should do to get the movie in the store I reached out to the main actor of the movie. I wasn't expecting much since he could very well be another self absorbed, holier than though, person of the industry, type actor (there are a lot out there) that could turn me down and tell me to get lost. I decided to take the chance anyway and to my surprise I was met with a wonderful person that was all too eager to help me out. He got me in contact with the producer of the film Andy Drummond. I explained to him the situation and how I would love to get the movie rented out in the store.
We chatted back and forth about what could be done and came up with a plan. He decided to send me copies of DeadHeads himself!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I quickly gave him my address and waiting patiently by my mailbox :)
 
 
After a few days I received the package and couldn't get it opened fast enough. There they were, right in from of me, 6 copies of DeadHeads. I had only expected 5 so as I looked at the 6th one I realized that one was meant for me to have and was signed by all actors, directors, and producer Andy himself. I couldn't believe how wonderful that was. It was such a wonderful gift that I got on my computer and wrote them how happy I was about it. I had to work later that day and took the remaining copies of the movie to the store to get ready for rental. I told any and everyone the story of how I got the movie here and they were all too interested to rent it for the night. I made sure to ask them what they thought of it as they returned it to the store and they usually responded with a smile saying they enjoyed the humor.
 
 
 
I felt happy with myself and everything that was done to get the movie here. Thank you so much to Andy, Brett, Drew, Michael and everyone at FroBro Films.
 
AND if you live in the Southern Illinois area, come by Raubach Video and rent DeadHeads, you won't be disappointed ;).
 
 
Thanks so much
Randi Jean
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment