Eccentrics Boutique Owner, Lauren Craig
Fashion is always of the time in which you live. It is not
something standing alone. But the grand problem, the most important problem, is
to rejeuvenate women. To make women look young. Then their outlook changes. They
feel more joyous. ~Coco Chanel
Name: Lauren Craig
Occupation: Boutique Owner
Store Location: Carterville, IL
Website: www.eccentricsbylauren.com
Geek Sheek: Tell us a little bit about yourself and how
you decided to become a boutique owner?
Lauren:
During college, I studied Fashion Merchandising/Marketing. I was so intrigued by fashion and everything about it! My goal was to open my own boutique. The summer of 2010, I decided I was ready to move forward with launching Eccentrics. I soon realized this was not going to be as easy as I thought. One year later my online store launched www.eccentricsbylauren.com and my storefront launched a few months later. I was very excited to open the store because it’s what I love and it feels great to do something that I’m so passionate about.
During college, I studied Fashion Merchandising/Marketing. I was so intrigued by fashion and everything about it! My goal was to open my own boutique. The summer of 2010, I decided I was ready to move forward with launching Eccentrics. I soon realized this was not going to be as easy as I thought. One year later my online store launched www.eccentricsbylauren.com and my storefront launched a few months later. I was very excited to open the store because it’s what I love and it feels great to do something that I’m so passionate about.
Lauren:
Eccentrics is a combination of styles, unique personality, a person with character. I want customers to embrace their personal style. When you look good you feel good. So Eccentrics means express yourself, buy a statement piece, and accessorize often… “Be You, Be Eccentric”
Eccentrics is a combination of styles, unique personality, a person with character. I want customers to embrace their personal style. When you look good you feel good. So Eccentrics means express yourself, buy a statement piece, and accessorize often… “Be You, Be Eccentric”
Geek Sheek: How would you describe your store?
Lauren:
I strive to have a welcoming, friendly, inviting atmosphere where customer service is always the top priority. The style is very whimsical, girly, & fun!
I strive to have a welcoming, friendly, inviting atmosphere where customer service is always the top priority. The style is very whimsical, girly, & fun!
Geek Sheek: What brands do you carry?
Lauren:
All accessories~ everything from hats, jewelry, handbags, shoe clips, beauty, and gift items! Some of my popular brands are Mary Frances, Mudpie, Natural Life, Treska, & so many more. I always have new lines arriving.
All accessories~ everything from hats, jewelry, handbags, shoe clips, beauty, and gift items! Some of my popular brands are Mary Frances, Mudpie, Natural Life, Treska, & so many more. I always have new lines arriving.
Geek Sheek: What is your biggest seller right now?
Right now the Good Works bracelets are selling well. I admire the Good Works mission to make the most fashionable, inspirational, and empowering merchandise that inspires doing Good Work(s). Their movement is to spread random acts of kindness and encourage doing good works to help children and families in need. They are committed to donating 25% of net profits to good causes.
Geek Sheek: How do you choose what is sold in your
store?
Lauren:
I listen to my customers, and subscribe to every fashion magazine to stay up to date on trends.
I listen to my customers, and subscribe to every fashion magazine to stay up to date on trends.
Geek Sheek: What is your favorite part of owning your own
business?
Lauren:
I love to come to work everyday! I take pride in what I do and how I represent my boutique. It’s more than a job to me its who I am.
I love to come to work everyday! I take pride in what I do and how I represent my boutique. It’s more than a job to me its who I am.
Geek Sheek: What advice do you have for someone wanting
to open their own boutique?
Lauren:
Have patience everything takes time. It’s truly a trial & error process. Just keep a positive “I can” attitude. Hard work pays off. Make your business your top priority. Do your research, take classes, be innovative, pay attention to details. Give it your all then you will never look back and have regrets.
Have patience everything takes time. It’s truly a trial & error process. Just keep a positive “I can” attitude. Hard work pays off. Make your business your top priority. Do your research, take classes, be innovative, pay attention to details. Give it your all then you will never look back and have regrets.
Geek Sheek: What are your future plans with Eccentrics?
Lauren:
To continue to carry unique, eccentrics items for my store and to expand in the future.
To continue to carry unique, eccentrics items for my store and to expand in the future.
Geek Sheek: I see you’re on your way to Mommy hood. When
are you due and how excited are you about becoming a parent?
Lauren:
I’m ecstatic I can’t wait to meet baby C! I’m due October 11th. I’m looking forward to everything even diaper changing. I enjoy a fast pace lifestyle, so I will utilize my day runner maximizing mommy duties and work. October is going to be a month to celebrate our new bundle of joy and the 1 year anniversary of Eccentrics.
I’m ecstatic I can’t wait to meet baby C! I’m due October 11th. I’m looking forward to everything even diaper changing. I enjoy a fast pace lifestyle, so I will utilize my day runner maximizing mommy duties and work. October is going to be a month to celebrate our new bundle of joy and the 1 year anniversary of Eccentrics.
Geek Sheek: What are some things you GEEK out over?
Lauren:
Everything Vintage! I love antiquing and finding new ways to re-do displays for my store.
Everything Vintage! I love antiquing and finding new ways to re-do displays for my store.
Eccentrics Boutique
209 W. Commercial Dr. #C
Carterville, IL 62918
{In the loft above your Jeweler}
Email: info@eccentricsbylauren
Website: www.eccentricsbylauren.com
Phone: 618-559-2308
209 W. Commercial Dr. #C
Carterville, IL 62918
{In the loft above your Jeweler}
Email: info@eccentricsbylauren
Website: www.eccentricsbylauren.com
Phone: 618-559-2308
~Randi Jean
(Head Geek)
(Head Geek)



I love this shop! And Lauren is just adorable.
ReplyDeleteEccentric is definetly a fabulous boutique! There is a variety of items for a styles. Stylish, chic, vintage, glam, bling & more. I love this store and visit often. Lauren is a true GEM! I highly recommend Eccentrics to all my lady friends and you will fall in love with Lauren as well...SHE'S A DOLL!!
ReplyDeleteAs an "older" or more "mature" lady of 59, I find this boutique fits into my syle very easily. Lauren carries things for my age that is "classy" and unique which is what I look for. She has things that you cannot find anwhere else. She is the sweetest person and strives for excellence in all things in her shop. I will continue to shop there and always look forward to see what is new!
ReplyDeleteThis is my favorite store to shop at! Lauren has the best jewerly and her prices are GREAT!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis boutique is absolutely adorable as is Lauren! She is extremely helpful, knowledgable of her products, willing to even order what you want, and her prices and quality are unbeatable! She'll be here for a long time!! From Sue Brewer in Goreville IL
ReplyDelete